Thursday, June 2, 2011

Concept: Garden

This concept came to me in a dream sometime a few years back, and as soon as I woke up I picked up my acoustic guitar and figured it out and recorded it. Here's the original recording from 2009, recorded on my MacBook via the built-in microphone so the quality is really terrible, but you can hear the birth of the melodic idea.


Original Recording on Acoustic Guitar (2/12/2009)


In my dream I saw myself walking around in a garden that was hovering over a lake. It had giant plants and flowers, and in the middle of the garden was a tree made up entirely of my own hands. I had also drawn a picture of this and blogged about it back then.

Playing Tree (2/2009)


Recently, I re-recorded the same melody on my electric tuned in standard A, and here it can be heard much clearly. This will be the basis for the whole track. I intend to make this a slow, ambient piece for most part of it and recreate feel of the dream. And then towards the end have a surprising, heavy distorted guitar riff. The visuals will also follow the same pattern. Most part of it will be set in a garden like space with the protagonist hovering/walking around and exploring the garden and its life forms. And towards the end, there will be a drastic change, I'm not sure what this change will be, but I'm working on it.


Recorded on electric guitar (5/2011)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see and hear the new track :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the drastic change should be something destructive and life changing. a catastrophe? but elegant lol idk mad track though!

    ReplyDelete